Being overweight creates a vicious circle. Extra fat can lead to health problems, such as thyroid problems that slow down the metabolism. Decreased metabolism in its turn contributes to weight gain.
There are different ways that help increase metabolism and burn fat. Here are some of them:
1) Exercise. Aerobic exercise improves the circulatory system, gives an energy boost as well as helps to cope with mood swings and depression among other benefits. Engage in the activity that you like – this can be an aerobics class at your local gym, dancing, brisk walking, running or swimming. Choose an activity that you really enjoy and do it at least 45 minutes 3-4 days a week. Note, that you can divide it into 15 minutes three times a day exercise if this fits better your schedule.
Strength training develops your muscles and this increases the metabolism and helps burn fat. Note that vigorous weight training can increase your body weight because of the increased muscle mass. You can also start with stretching and weight training that develops lean muscles. Power yoga is a good way to start.
2) Drink a lot of water. To calculate how much water you need to drink divide your weight in kilos by 28. The number that you receive corresponds to liters of water you need to drink daily. For example if your weight is 84 kilos (185 pounds) you will need to drink 3 liters of water daily which is 12 glasses of water. Thirst sometimes manifests as hunger – whenever you feel hungry between meals start with a glass of water, sometimes this is all the body needs.
3) Eat a healthy breakfast. Start your day with a glass of water and then drink a smoothie or shake; a piece of fruit or cereal. This will give a boost to your metabolism and prevent cravings later on.
4) Reduce your stress level. High stress level negatively affects the metabolism. Incorporate short breaks and relaxation exercises throughout the day. Make sure to get a good night sleep.
5) Detoxify your body through fasting, cleansing and eating organic food. This will help increase the metabolic rate, lose weight and be healthy.
4 Ways to Gain Lean and Hard Muscle Quickly
Do you want to gain lean and hard muscle?
Most bodybuilders find it hard to gain lean and high quality muscle. Here are some easy tips that can help boost muscle growth in your body:
1. Lift like a Hulk
If you want to increase your muscle size, you need to lift heavy. You must use the heaviest weight that you can lift and do 6-10 reps in a set. If your aim is to increase muscle mass, there is no point in doing more than 10 reps in a single set.
When lifting heavy, make sure that you have spotter close by to assist you if you need some help. If you feel that you are not doing the movement properly, reduce the weight and try again. Once you get the movement right, you can increase dumbbell or barbell weight gradually.
2. Eat More
Diet and exercise go hand in hand. After a heavy workout you need to feed to your body with enough proteins and carbs so that your muscles can recover and grow in strength and size.
Increase your protein intake but cut down on saturated fats and simple sugars. Moreover, you must try to have something every two hours.
Try to include eggs, oatmeal, fish like salmon, peanut butter, broccoli, chicken, lean meat etc. in your diet. You must also try to include whey protein in your diet. It happens to be the most popular bodybuilding supplement.
3. Do Some Cardio
Cardio is good for burning fat. It is good for increasing blood circulation too. Blood carries a lot of nutrients that can help your muscles to grow.
However, you need to remember that your aim is not to run a marathon. Just 10-15 minutes, 3-4 days a week is more than enough if your aim is to increase lean muscle. Anything more than that can make it hard for you to gain muscle.
4. Use a Good Muscle Gainer
Muscle gaining supplements are immensely popular among bodybuilders. Such supplements increase protein synthesis and nitrogen retention in the body. They not only increase muscle mass in your body but also help boost strength and stamina.
Another advantage is that they can help speed up recovery after a hard and intense training session.
Some of the best supplements can help boost growth hormone also. HGH or human growth hormone plays a very important role in muscle growth in your body.